You may already be familiar with the success of the Car Sharing Service “ZipCar”. Now BMW is entering this space with its own competitor, called DriveNow. The big difference are (of course) the cars, because DriveNow is the first premium car sharing service offering BMW and MINI cars.
All Details about DriveNow:
The BMW Group and Sixt AG are planning a unique and innovative car sharing venture. With effect from April 2011 onwards – initially in Munich and later in Berlin – the two companies intend to join forces in offering a modern mobility concept under the brand-name DriveNow; this new product will combine vehicles and service of the highest quality with simple, flexible usage. DriveNow is the first car sharing concept to place an emphasis on efficient premium vehicles and comprehensive service. Vehicles may be hired and dropped off wherever the customer needs them, thus clearly differentiating DriveNow from products offered by other competitors.
Continue reading BMW launches Car Sharing Service DriveNow…
This is an exciting opportunities for all Web Developers who would like to become Co-Founders aka. Founding Employee at a well-funded new startup based in Europe (Munich / Zurich).
We are currently looking for an
Head of Product:
Advanced Web Developer & Facebook Application Developer – Software Developer, UI Developer, Software Engineer, UI Engineer,
I you are a social media addict and passionate about building scalable web platforms this might be something for you. Furthermore you would be one of the first employees and you will have the opportunity to become co-founder while getting a secured full-time salary.
What You Will Be Doing!
You will be part of our small group where everyone is part of the creative process. You will not only oversee software development, but also aspects of platform and product management. The perfect candidate is creative yet pragmatic, comfortable multitasking yet able to focus on a problem, and a fast learner.
What we are looking for!
- Significant experience in building and launching strong (high-traffic) web applications.
- Experience with one or more database solutions MySQL, Postgresql, MongoDB etc.
- Integrating features with various third-party APIs, including Facebook Graph API
- Fluent in one or more OO or scripting languages like Java, PHP, Python, Perl.
- Grails or Ruby on Rails know-how.
- A strong interest in social media and social networks, with some exposure to the technology/concepts behind them.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills, with the ability to consistently contribute creative ideas.
What’s in it for you!?
- Be part in an exciting new Startup.
- Excellent Compensation & Salary.
- Co-Founder Shares & stock offerings.
This position is open as of 3/17/2011.
Job Position: Munich, Germany.
Please send us your CV, LinkedIn/XING Profile and Links to your recent projects.
Apply here info (at) aheadoftime (dot) de
Blog by Monty C. M. Metzger *monty.de.